- Respect - respect individuals as inherently good and inherently capable. Consistently demonstrate respect for colleagues, partners, the entrepreneurs we serve, and those whom the entrepreneurs serve
- Impact - ensure that our work is focused on having a massive positive impact on the world and on the lives of those we serve
- Collaboration - work constructively with others--across organizations, sectors, geographies, and cultures--to ensure the best possible outcomes
- In Service - act in service to the entrepreneurs we support and to the individuals who ultimately benefit from their work
- Humility - recognize the virtues and talents of others; honor their inherent value
Omidyar Network board and staff adhere to the following policies:
Whistleblower Policy (Summary)
Omidyar Network is committed to enhancing the integrity of the people, processes, and other resources deployed through our firm. We believe that our communications, internal controls, and processes must constantly adapt to the changing environments in which we operate.
We operate an ethics hotline to enable our employees to easily and confidentially report any issues or instances of misconduct, violation, abuse, or misdeed. Any information provided is sent to us by the ethics hotline on a totally confidential and anonymous basis. The employee is protected and has the ability to follow up to ensure their report is addressed.
Information about this hotline is distributed to all Omidyar Network employees and board members on a regular basis.
Conflict of Interest Policy (Summary)
The purpose of Omidyar Network's Conflict of Interest Policy is to promote honest and ethical behavior at Omidyar Network through full disclosure of actual and potential conflicts of interest and the establishment of procedures to resolve such conflicts fairly and transparently. The Conflict of Interest Policy applies to trustees, managers, officers, employees, and, to the extent determined by the Business Ethics Officer, consultants and agents (each, a “Covered Individual”) of Omidyar Network.
Read the full policy here.
Executive Compensation Policy
Omidyar Network does not use tax-preferred foundation dollars to pay for any operating expenses, including the salaries of any of our employees. We use market-based comparisons to set salaries for Omidyar Network employees.